Monday, December 6, 2010

Itching to create and other randomness

I've been trying to commit myself to blogging, whether anyone will read it or not is irrelevant at this point, at least once a week, hopefully more ( pre-New Year's resolution #1). Let's see how long I can actually remember that!

I've been itching to create, craft, sew, make jewelry, etc. I feel like one of my teammates on Etsy said (I'm paraphrasing here because 1, my memory sucks, and 2, well, can't remember the second reason LOL) 'I have all these ideas swimming around in my head and I know I can't sit down and do them' .

I actually did make some easy to make jewelry this past week for Christmas gifts, so I can't post photos just in case the recipients actually stumble upon my blog and decide to read it! Will post photos later after Christmas. But that hasn't satisfied my 'creative urges'. I want to make so many things, and I just can't seem to find the energy. I've decided that when an idea pops into my head, I'm going to try to sketch it out, although my drawing skills are minimal and nearly worthless, in hopes that when I do have the energy and feel a bit better, I can remember what it was that I was yearning to do. A pre-New Year's resolution #2.

In the mean time, I have a ton of vintage buttons just begging me to photograph them and list them on Etsy so a new home can be found for them :) I'm slowly plodding along in that effort. It is so time consuming to photograph buttons, and then edit the photos (sometimes retaking the photos) and then listing the item all for not much of a profit. However, it does give me something to do that is not difficult (some days) and can be done in 10 minute intervals if needed.

Well this must be the longest post I've made in years! Yay!

Have a great day everyone!
~Tonya

No comments: