Friday, January 30, 2009

Been gone too long...

I've been a bad blogger. I've been blog-less, blog-impaired, blog-uninspired, for far too long now. It has been a crazy world here on the home front. The basement is begining to be rebuilt. It is now empty and has had concrete moisture sealant applied in 2 coats and is now ready for rebuilding. Tonight through Sunday my husband and his friend will be beginning the wall rebuilding process and that is VERY exciting! I don't know how long it will take, but it does look like I will have have a craft/family room sometime in the near future! That will help me make some handmade items that I haven't been able to for quite awhile as my sewing room was overcrowded even before the flood! Here are some pictures of some items I have made in the past...


Crazy Cat Quilt few yrs ago


Close up of one square


Wristlet made for daughter





Half apron from half of top of Jeans (ties in back)


'Flip flop' for daughter, 2 ft long

I made 4 different types of aprons for gifts a few years ago at Christmas time, but didn't take pics.

Some purses and totes I made for my daughter and a friend



Purse made up for friend



Purse made for daughter



Tote bag for daughter


These are just a few items I found in the picture archives from a few years ago. I also have several crochet items and a few knit items I have made. I just started beading in the last year or so and am working on getting better at that.

I have also made numerous outfits for my dad's Chihuahua in the last couple of years because the poor little guy is so cold in the winter and transition months.

I really want to sew again even though it will be a slow process.

Well, off to rest for awhile...

Tonya

No comments: